I love the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Since moving to Kansas City (and thus had ready access to a Nordstrom store) the sale has been something I look forward to. My first year here I utilized the sale to build a professional wardrobe for my “big girl” job and grad school things. I got so many good deals and nice things that it was enough to hook me. Every year since I have to at a minimum look and see what is on sale and what is going to be in for fall. This year I saved up some of my budgeted clothing money so that I could get some new fall essentials. This was a particularly important thing to me as I am working on figuring out my personal style and building a wardrobe accordingly. With the sale ending this weekend (last day is August 2nd) I thought I would share my absolute favorite purchases from this year’s Anniversary Sale (and you still have a little bit of time to get them for yourself!)
1. Halogen Zip Around Wallet in “Pink Hero”. I had fallen in love with a Kate Spade travel wallet some time ago only to discover they no longer make the style I like. I was pretty bummed out about that until I spotted this one. The leather is very firm and durable and it has plenty of card slots, places to stash cash, and even a pen loop on the inside. The wrist strap is detachable as well so this wallet is perfect inside your purse or as a bag all its own.
2. Kendra Scott “Dani” Stone Drop Earrings. These aren’t quite as large as some of the other Kendra Scott earrings and I feel like the smaller size makes them more classic and timeless. I got mine in the navy/rose gold combination that has sold out, but these pretty purple ones were a close second…so close that I’m getting them before the sale is over!
3. Barefoot Dreams Drape Front Cardigan in Heathered Navy Stripe. This sweater is like that super comfortable fluffy blanket that you love and don’t really want to crawl out of in the morning. Except that you can wear it and look awesome while wearing it. The best part is that it is made with bamboo so it keeps you warm, but comfortable at the same time. I’ve actually already worn this to the office since it sometimes gets chilly inside. I’m probably buying this in at least one more color because I am obsessed.
4. Halogen “Olson” Pointy Toe Studded T-Strap Flat in Pale Pink. I love a good flat. I’m more of a flats girl than a heels girl, but plain ballet flats get boring and fast. So this fall? I’m going pointy toed and studded. These are remarkably comfortable and they look great even with jeans. They are also the same pink as the wallet I got so I feel very pulled together when I carry the wallet as a clutch and rock these shoes.
5. Satya Reversible Constellation Pendant Necklace (here in Sagittarius.) I’ve been told I’m a “true Sagittarius” so I’m always interested in representations of my zodiac sign. I love arrows. I also love constellations so this necklace is perfection. It is a slightly short chain for my liking, but a simple and inexpensive extender has transformed it to a uniform piece for me. I’m tempted to order a spare, that’s how much I love this necklace (I wear it constellation side out.)
So those are my top purchases from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I got some other things as well (basic t-shirts, bras, a new pair of black leggings…simple things) but these are my favorite finds. I know I am going to be able to make these work with my ever-evolving capsule wardrobe. I feel especially good that I’ve chosen things that will not only last me more than just the fall season, but for years to come.
What did you get at the Sale? Let me know in comments! (Note: While this is not a sponsored post, I do not benefit from the links in any way, and all opinions are my own, I do work for Nordstrom.)